Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Crystal Mountain

Yesterday, Tuesday, January 31 rst was a teacher workshop day, so my Mom took Andy & I skiing at Crystal Mountain.  She also invited Lana and Sabrina.  Crystal Mountain is right next door to Mt. Rainier National Park.  The day was kind of cloudy and we set out early to get to the mountain a little after 9:00 am.
 I was more nervous than my friends.  Sabrina had never skied before and Andy skied with me 4 years ago at Snoqualmie Pass, when were both in kindergarten at the Bridge School
 The clouds were low, or we were high....
 I managed to make it down ok.  All three kids did wipe out from time to time.  My Mom skied at the back to make sure that us kids made it down ok.
 Because we are in the Cascades, there are tons of fir trees dusted with snow.  It was really pretty.


 Here's Lana (pink hat), Sabrina & Andy.
 Sabrina was having trouble with the chair lifts.  Mom was able to help her.  Now she can ride them like she's been skiing for years.

 We had lunch in the chalet.
 We took an express chairlift up higher to ski more challenging green runs.  This chairlift was large enough for all of us.
 The clouds came in and it was a little eerie .
We stayed until the chairlifts stopped at 4 o'clock.  We were all tired, but had a really good day.  I told Mom that I wanted to go back.