Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Vista House & Multnomah Falls

I felt A LOT better this morning.  My parents kept making me drink....a little too much.  After a late breakfast we drove along the Columbia River Gorge-first stop-Vista House.
What a view!
Vista was built during the FDR work program days.  

It was a very charming building.
After a balcony view, we got back in the car to go to Multnomah Falls.
There I am.
My parents convinced me to do the 1 mile uphill climb to the top of the falls.

I did ok until about halfway up-then the whining started.

 I got dad to carry me.
I made it to the top of the falls and now I am looking down the 500+ feet to the bottom.

The top of the falls.

I had to take a break before walking down.
It was MUCH easier going down.
Picture with Mom.
At the bottom, I got a giant cookie.  I am glad to be back home!