Sunday, October 16, 2016

More New Things

 The night of the big storm (old typhoon on the pacific), Dad and I played chess.  Fortunately the storm stayed 20 miles off the coast and did not do as much damage as expected.  We kept our power!  Chess is new for me, but I really like it.  I tell Dad to go hard on me.  Tonight I won!
On Friday I tried the Improvisation class with the Hi-Liners in Burien.  You have to be ten to be in the class.  But because I am mature for my age, I was let in at 9.  I am the smallest person there (striped shirt). Andy (best friend is in the red shirt). I was scared at first because there are 13 & 14 year olds.  Some of these kids have taken this class for years.  They are sharp and quick with what they say.  Mom says I will get there with practice.  I now do this class every week.
On Thursday, Mom came in and taught us how to paper mache a balloon.  I am working with Andy, Seth, & Evelyn.  All good school friends.
 A couple weeks ago, Dad and I went to the indoor go kart place.  I was a little scared to drive.
There I am behind Dad.
I was the slowest driver on the track, and only crashed a couple of times, but it was fun.  I am looking forward to doing it again.