Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Quarry Hill Nature Center

My parents love this place when they lived in Minnesota.  I enjoyed the visitor center.  They had turtles, snakes and fish and this T-Rex skull!
 
 Below is the main entrance to the nature center-they were having afternoon summer camps.  Mom tried to sign me up for one, but they were full.
We decided to walk the shorter trail up to the old Quarry.
On the way, we found the old caves carved out of stone.  They we made in 1890, as a produce storage cooler for a nearby hospital.
 
It was a climb up to the Quarry, and we had to push Grandma Judy up the hill but we made it.  Trees and plants have grown back in the Quarry.

I was glad when we started heading back towards the nature center.
The woods in Minnesota are full of deciduous trees, with a lot of oaks.
The pond is next to the nature center.  I was ready to get in the car.
 
I did not enjoy Quarry Hill as much as my folks and grand parents do.