Sunday, June 17, 2018

Woodland Park Zoo (Seattle) with Andy

My 5th Grade Class did some work with Woodland Park Zoo staff earlier this year.  We studied wetlands and amphibians and how important they are for the planet's health.  I gained a real appreciation for amphibians and reptiles.  My 5th grade class had to work on projects and present them to zoo staff.  As a reward, each student got a pass for 4 people to go to the zoo.  I used mine yesterday.  I took my parents and Andy.
 Mom had to buy a parking pass.  Andy and I tried climbing this tree.
 When we got in, we went to the aviaries.  This bird wanted us to feed it!
 Andy and I liked the penguins.  This is their exhibit.  
 The grizzly bears were out and they were hot.

 Andy bought some bird feed sticks and we fed the birds.  We had a lot of fun.



 We took this funny picture before we saw the Komodo Dragon.

 We walked the whole zoo.  It was a good day, but we were tired when we left!