Monday, July 10, 2017

Visiting the Mid-West-Minnesota

 Grandma Judy and Tha Tha have moved into a retirement community.  Their apartment strangely looked like all of their other  homes.  Grandma said it was because she still had the same furniture.  I like their home, it reminds me of a magazine.  Unfortunately, Tha tha was in the hospital during our visit.
 Mayowood is one of the big old homes in Rochester Minnesota, own originally by one of the Mayo brothers.  We had a tour with Grandma Judy.  The Mayo Clinic took ownership of it in 2014 and had done a lot of needed preservation work.  The house looked great!

 It was strangely cool in Minnesota for late June.  Fortunately, I had my sweatshirt.
 This garage has a fountain on top.  Mom and I found that to be odd.  On Monday, I started another camp at Quarry Hill.  This year it was about fossils, rocks in general and a lot of digging.  Excavating is not my thing, but I had to do it to know it.
 My class met out in the garage.  We got to ride a bus to one of our excavation sites.  It poured on the way back to Quarry Hill.  It was a good camp, but next year I will chose a different area to study.

Grandma bought me this book on our trip.  Ryan Higa is one of my favorite You tubers.