Monday, July 10, 2017

Visiting the Mid-West-Chicago

Grandma decided to stay in Minnesota, so Mom and I rented a car and drove to Chicago to visit Uncle Colin, Aunt Lori, and my cousins Jack (15), Sophie (13), & Gavin (12).  It was for only a day and a half, but I had a really good time.
 Our full day was Saturday, July 1.  We took the green line down town and we started off doing the River Walk.
 There are some crazy buildings here!
 We used a hotel bathroom that was entirely covered in little mirror tiles!
 Our main destination was Maggie Daley Park just north of the the Chicago Art Institute.  It was so much fun!  There were lots of structures to climb on.
 All with skyscrapers in the back ground.
 I hit the slides!

 The park also had water features.  This one cooled us down.

 We also went up the lighthouse.

 Uncle Colin, Jack, and Aunt Lori waited in the shade.
 We crossed the highway on the Serpentine Bridge by Frank Gehry.
 There was another park called "The Prairie"  

 We got to soak our feet in the cool water.

 After walking 5 miles, we took the Green Line back to Oak Park.  I had a lot of fun and I slept really well that night.