Sunday, July 20, 2014

Water Land Parade

Mom tells me that this parade was not done for years and was brought back to life by her friend Toni.  This is the first year that Des Moines has taken it over.  We decided to go since it has been a favorite activity of mine.
 We sat at The Scotch and the Vine.  My parents think parades are more fun with alcohol.  I prefer cotton candy.  Grandma Judy sat on the other side of the flags with me.
 Finally the parade started!
We had a Navy Band.  They were really good.
We saw retired pirates-after long lives of doing no good, settling down at Wesley Homes.
This was grandma's first Water Land Parade.  She looked like she was having fun.
There were several drill teams.  I liked their whistles!
The airport "Toe" truck!

Local High Schools' band and floats.  Oh there were lots of beauty queens, and Washington State elected officials.
Look!  It's Santa!  I always wondered what he did in the summer.
I meat a Seafiar Pirate! (not retired)  He gave me a coin.
Here is the Seafair Pirates' ship-Moby Duck.  
On the walk home, we got mauled by a bronze bear.  We are ok!  I had fun.