Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Marvista Park

Mom finally discovered this park for little kids. She was having a hard time locating one nearby because Des Moines is full of old people. One of it's main businesses is housing the 55+ crowd. So, not much money has been spent on park equipment for little kids. Marvista park is north of us in Normandy Park. There is play equipment for toddlers & little kids. They keep the lawn really short here, so it's good for crawling.
The ground is lined with these rubber tiles, so if I fall on them it doesn't hurt as much.
I tried going backwards up the slide. I didn't get very far.
I ate Cheerios in the grass and I also tried a leaf, and then a pebble........I am VERY particular about what I put in my mouth.
That was a car that went by. I can now say "cah" and point at them when they drive by. I wasn't very social today, but I had a really good time.